Dining al fresco @LeBistrotduBorddel'Eau in Beaune, France #3yumsup.

Lunch at Le Bistrot du Bord de l'Eau


I love a meal in a garden and some of the best I've had were in France.  At the end of a river cruise we hired a driver to do some wine tasting in Burgundy with a stop for lunch.  He recommended Hostellerie de Levernois' casual restaurant "@Le Bistrot du Bord de l'Eau" outside Beaune in Burgundy.  It was outstanding.  The lamb, cod and chicken were all declared delicious, and a couple of plates of risotto with fresh green peas disappeared instantly, but a fish cake for 2 made with perch and crab was the bomb. I know it doesn't look like a fish cake, more like scalloped potatoes.  No matter, it tasted like heaven and we had to get more bread to mop up every bit of the sauce.
Perch and Crab Cake
I did a bit of a walk about and had a peak at the impressive kitchen garden providing an abundance of fresh veggies and herbs.  When I found the kitchen, it was like watching a ballet.  Everyone knew where they were supposed to be and what they were supposed to be doing.

Our driver Pieter recommended we try a bottle of Anne Brooks 2015 White Burgundy.  It was a lovely wine from a small bio-dynamic winery that I'm sure we'll never see again.

There are so many little things that a Relais & Chateaux property will do.  It was a hot day and I fanned myself with my menu.  A few minutes later a fan was placed by my side.  Little things mean a lot.

I would be very happy to stay at this hotel.  More time in Burgundy would be great.


Comments

Popular Posts