Purple Cafe

We just ate and drank our way through a weekend in Seattle. Starting with dinner at the Purple Cafe we were delighted with their $3, $4, $5 and $6 tasting bar with wine pairings offered. We tried the eggplant caponata and the gorgonzola stuffed dates. I'll be making the stuffed dates at home next time we have people over for wine. There were 19 cheeses on the menu; we stuck to the local cheese and had the Seastack from Mt Townsend Creamery and the Barely Buzzed from the Walla Walla Valley. Both were impressive but the Seastack was exceptional, rich and creamy only starts to describe it.

I love the concept of small pours and flights of wine and you can taste anything before you buy. I LOVE that. A trio of Pinot Noirs was right up my alley. I'd recommend the Purple Cafe for a casual fun night out. Locations in downtown Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland and Woodinville.

Comments

Popular Posts