RimRock Cafe Whistler

Last weekend we had our second meal at the RimRock Cafe Whistler. This outstanding restaurant is truly westcoast. Great food, wine and service in casual comfort. After our first visit a few month ago I talked to a lot of people who told me that the Rimrock was their favourite restaurant in Whistler, some said BC, some Canada. I was looking forward to a second visit. Eight of us met on a Saturday night. The restaurant was fully booked and yet our server managed to make us feel like we were the only table she cared about. With thoughtful information on the food and wine she really did help make the evening a success. The mussels appetizer with cherry tomatoes, white wine and cream was the best I've had in memory. Several of us had the salmon special stuffed with crab and a cream sauce. Delicious.




The scallops were also a big hit.









The wine cellar is excellent with a good selection of BC Wine. The mark up is reasonable and my favourite thing is that they will give you a half glass for half price. So civilized.

In short it is my recommendation that if you spend a night in Whistler you should include a dinner at The RimRock.

Comments

Popular Posts