Travel Tip for Bringing your Wine & Cheese Home. Wire hangers and WineSkins Key.

When I travel a good deal of thought goes into which wine will make it into my suitcase and I always plan to have room for 2 the bottles Canada Customs allows plus some cheese.  I carry a couple of bubble wrap wineskins and some heavy duty bags for cheese.  Flat and light weight they take up no room but are great for packing to come home.  Then I throw some wire hangers on top in my suitcase.  I love having extra hangers at my destinations and there's more space on the return.  I also like to buy cheese when I travel and a couple of heavy plastic bags keeps my suitcase from smelling like stinky socks.  I've never had a problem but Customs doesn't seem to like cheese.  From some gentle probing I've learned that they are OK with hard cheese and not with spreadable cheese.  Stop by for Friday winedown at The Travel Group for some wine, cheese and travel talk.

Comments

Popular Posts