Jaleo by Jose Andres at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas





Jaleo was my favourite restaurant in Las Vegas. I love tapa style eating. It's casual and you get to try lots of dishes. I also loved the design with beautiful benches all around the room with large rolls at your back done in boiled wool and great colours and a whole curtained wall of red chains. Our server Mary suggested the Fennal, apple, manchego and walnut salad with sherry vinagrette and it was exceptional. Manchego is one of my favourite cheeses. We also had the Empanadillas de Brandade. More salt cod. Newfie heaven. The cod was mashed with potatoes and cream, wrapped in a wonton wrapper and deep fried. Don't miss it. The Spanish Tortilla or potato and egg pie as my mom called it, was the best I've ever eaten. The seared scallops and squid stew were also excellent. Funny how growing up in Newfoundland we ate dishes that originated in Spain and Portugal and had no idea where they came from. The wine list here was also easy and accessible.

Comments

Popular Posts