I give Wolf in the Fog 5 Yums up with the large sharing plates providing "something special". Do not leave the restaurant without trying the oysters.

I love the drive to Tofino and Wolf In The Fog has been beckoning since it made Enroute's Best New Restaurant List.  It's a good  addition to the already excellent local food scene.  We had dinner and lunch and both were good.  Dinner was very busy but there were no mistakes. Chef Nicholas Nutting is a commanding presence in the kitchen that was open enough for gawkers like me to watch the action.  I liked the big upstairs dining room complete with a large comfortable and happening bar and a cosy couch corner.  The food  was excellent.  Super sharing plates with possibly the best scallops I've ever eaten in The French Bombshell.  A full patisserie in house produced excellent banquettes.

The oysters are addictive.  Wrapped in shoestring potatoes, they are among the best I've had.


Roasted Winter Vegetable Salad with wild mushrooms and truffle dressing.  We cleaned the plate.

Charred Humboldt Squid with grapefruit, sprouts, cilantro and basil.  Not my favourite dish, it was a bit too tart for my taste.
French Bombshell - scallops, mussels, clams, black cod, baquette and frisee salad. WOW!!!
 Surf and Turf - braised shortrib, spicy grilled octopus, sweet potato and bok choy.  i wish I'd never discovered octopus.  It was delicious.
Tofino Blackout - flourless chocolate cake and mild chocolate gelato.  I'm not a dessert fan but my sister said it was great.



Comments

Popular Posts