Fabulous BC Wines and Rainy Sunday afternoons

I've been spending the day sorting the wine from my recent wine tour and counting myself very lucky to have some of the great wines made in BC.




I've just opened a bottle of Harry McWatters 2007 Meritage. How did I get so lucky? With Harry's name on the bottle and his personal guarantee I was expecting a lot. Delivered. Thanks Harry. Meritage is my favourite and I think the easiest wine to drink in BC. I doubt if many would argue that point. I'm going to have to resist and see how a glass tastes in a few hours. This glass fresh from the bottle is going down very easily.




Meritage is not the only great wine to drink and when it comes to single varietals my first love may be Cabernet Sauvignon but for the food I like to eat Pinot Noir is my first choice. Which leads me to the bottle of Pinot Noir opened and waiting to accompany my tuna tonight. Pinot Noir made by Bill Eggert at Fairview Cellars under the Eagle Bluff label. Bill made this wine but didn't grow the grapes. I'm looking forward to tasting the Pinot from his new vineyard in the future.

Comments

Popular Posts