Friday Winedown at TTG


I’m excited to open the wine today, 2 bottles of HMC McWatters Collection 2007 Meritage.
Harry McWatters is one of the gurus of excellence in BC Wine. He made this wine and it is excellent. I lucked into a case thanks to one of our amazing clients, so today TTG is serving up a couple of bottles. I look forward to the feedback.

I hadn’t been shopping at Les Amis du Fromage for a couple of weeks so I spent too much time talking and relied on picking up the house favourites. We’ll soldier on and see if we can work our way through the incredible Quebec Louis d’Or Vielle, 18 month old cheese and our all time favourite a double section of Le Dauphin, double milk cheese from France. I’m trying to see how much of the Dauphin I have to buy to have leftovers. Hasn’t happened yet. A new favourite is the Honey Bee Goat Gouda from Holland. Sweet caramel undertones!! Who could resist.
The bargain shelf offered up a Gorgonzola Dolce from Lombardy, Italy. It claims to be milder and sweeter than Gorgonzola “Natural”. A little bit of Herbie from the Little Qualicum Cheeseworks and we have BC represented and a lovely afternoon ahead.

Comments

Popular Posts