Okanagan Wine Tour 2011

It's said that you should be able to taste the difference between a wine from the Golden Mile and one from the Black Sage Bench. I don't think I can do it but I'm off to hone the skills of my palate next weekend touring and tasting in the Similkameen, Osoyoos and Oliver. Golden Mile gets early day sun and Black Sage Bench late. The bench is sand and the Golden Mile is alluvial fans. I love so many of the wines from this region and it's where we did our first serious wine tour. Nice to go back after a couple of years of training. Just a few days of prep study and work and we are onour way. Thanks to Leah from Kensington Wines for her help in choosing the wineries and arranging tastings and to Shirley from The Travel Group for all the logistics. Our 3rd annual wine tasting is looking good!

Comments

Popular Posts